We offer two powerful plugins to help you keep your WooCommerce sites in sync: Product Sync Pro and Stock Sync Pro. Both plugins offer syncing capabilities, but they have different specializations.
Product Sync Pro is the all-in-one solution for syncing product data between sites, including stock quantities. However, keeping stock in check between sites is complicated, which is why we developed Stock Sync Pro. This plugin is designed to handle all the challenges that come with syncing stock quantities.
Some of the scenarios to consider when syncing stock include:
- What if two customers buy the same product on different sites before syncing takes place?
- What if there is a stock discrepancy? Does the log provide an easy way to backtrack stock changes and see what happened?
- What if we want to do inventory checking and edit all stock quantities easily on one page?
Stock Sync Pro has specialized functionality to handle these challenges, including:
- Primary-Secondary Inventory Model: There’s one master data source for stock quantities, which makes it more reliable.
- Comprehensive Logging: You’ll know what initiated the stock change (e.g. order, refund, or admin edit).
- Easy Inventory Management: You can edit stock quantities directly in the report page for multiple products at once.
While we could have included all these functionalities in Product Sync, we felt that it’s best to have a separate plugin because there is a lot of additional code involved. For syncing other product data such as images and descriptions, this kind of special functionality is not needed because data is simply duplicated – not summed up like stock quantities.
What if I’m just starting out?
However, if you are just starting out and feel like two plugins is too much in the beginning, don’t worry. We have done our best with Product Sync Pro to ensure it syncs all product data including stock quantities as fast and reliably as possible. For low to medium sales volume it will work just fine for keeping stock in check. Later when sales increase, you can easily add Stock Sync to the mix by installing it and disabling stock quantity syncing in Product Sync.
In summary, Stock Sync Pro is designed to handle all the complexities that come with syncing stock quantities between multiple sites, while Product Sync Pro is an all-in-one solution for syncing all product data. If you’re just starting out, Product Sync Pro will work fine, and you can add Stock Sync Pro later as your sales increase. For high sales volumes, we recommend using both plugins together for optimal syncing.